SEASONAL: 3-5 DAYS PER WEEK
(WEEKEND AVAILABILITY REQUIRED)
To efficiently and effectively grow and maintain excellent quality plants and to provide exceptional customer service. To provide seasonal support during peak season in the Greenhouse Department.
- Ability to maintain a positive, friendly, and helpful attitude
- A sincere curiosity to learn and grow.
- A genuine passion for plants, people, and sustaining our planet.
- Dependable and punctual
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills
- Always approachable to customers, teammates, and management
- Perform physical activities including repeatedly lifting 10-20 lbs.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Flexibility in scheduling with a minimum of 3 shifts per week
- Weekly weekend availability required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver superior, on-brand customer service
- Participate in all greenhouse duties and cultural practices as directed
- Trim, deadhead and clean plant material
- Fill pots, attach wires to hanging baskets
- Water plants and as requested and/or in other departments
- Un-pack, receive, and price plants and fresh product
- Re-stock and consolidate plants
- Maintain clean and tidy work areas
- Put away or return all plastic, tools, cardboard carts or other supplies at the end of each shift or when work is complete
- Understand and communicate Tonkadale’s policies
- Guide customers and provide consistent and correct information
What we offer:
- Competitive wage and retirement benefits
- Seasonal Tonkadale attire
- Employee discount
- Passionate, active, inclusive, and fun work environment
This Job Description does not necessarily include all work duties or responsibilities and will be updated as we adjust to business needs, trends, and seek improvements or changes. This document does not guarantee employment in any specific role for any period of time.