Welcome to Tonkadale Greenhouse
Annuals & perennialsTonkadale showcases the best and brightest annuals and perennials each spring. We think this is something to brag out.
Fairy gardensMiniature plants, fairies and accessories bring magic to your home and garden. For fairy gardeners, this is the place to be.
Container gardensThe designers at Tonkadale are always busy creating container gardens for all seasons. It’s all about color.
Seminars and eventsAt Tonkadale Greenhouse, we offer seminars, workshops and other events to share our expertise and experience with you.
Blooming and growing in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area
Tonkadale Greenhouse is located in a quaint residential community in Minnetonka, Minnesota. We offer an extensive selection of plants and flowers, including annuals and perennials, herbs, vegetables, succulents, African violets and tropical plants.
Sign up for our newsletter to get the latest updates on our workshops, seminars and sales, as well as news from the blog.
Summer events and Pollinator Day
We had so much fun with our Spring events that we decided to add new ones for summer! They include:
- Pollinator Day, 10:00 am to 3:00 pm on Saturday, July 17: We’ve planned a day of activities and fun so everyone can learn about pollinators! Heather Holm, a local expert on native pollinators and plants, will discuss Gardening for Bees and Butterflies. Get the details here!
- Fairy Garden Fridays, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm on select Fridays in June, July and August.
- Serenity Saturdays, 10:00 am – 10:30 am on select Saturdays in June, July and August.
- Perennial Garden Walk-Abouts, 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm on Wednesdays from July 20th through August 24th (excluding August 3rd).
- Adult Coloring (and kiddos too!), 10:00 am – 12:00 pm on Sundays from July 10th through August 28th.
Check our Events, Seminars and Workshops page for details and registration information.
Welcome to Tonkadale. Plant the Planet!
Jessie Jacobson, Managing Director
Latest news from the blog
Tonkadale Greenhouse is excited to present its first-ever Pollinator Day! It’s scheduled for Sunday, July 17 from 10
Shade gardens comes with challenges, as any gardener who has one knows. There are fewer color options and
This week I have a song in my heart and I want to share it! I love what
Like children and pets, plants need food. It can be more difficult to know the what, how, and
It’s true! Everything is going splendidly. The weather is incredible (can you believe it’s only April?!), plants are