Seasonal Production Assistant Breckendale Flower Farm
We are looking for ridiculously passionate people who share our love of plants and are obsessed with the success of their co-workers and our wholesale growing operation located in Breckenridge, Minnesota. Ideal candidates will show up for work fresh and focused with an enthusiastic attitude and a ridiculous passion for learning. This is a seasonal position offering full-time for part-time hours.
To seasonally work with the Wholesale Production Team to efficiently grow, maintain, and ship excellent quality plants to Tonkadale Greenhouse, our retail garden center located in Minnetonka, Minnesota.
What you offer
- Ability to maintain a positive, friendly, and helpful attitude
- A sincere curiosity to learn and grow
- A genuine passion for plants, people, and sustaining our planet
- Dependable and punctual
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills
- Always approachable to customers, teammates, and leaders
- Flexibility in scheduling and weekend availability required
What we offer
- Competitive pay starting at $15.00 per hour, depending on experience
- 401k retirement account with up to 4% company match; up to 4% discretionary match based on business performance
- 20% employee discount year 1 / 40% discount after year 1
- Work apparel and gear
Tasks and duties
- Participate in all greenhouse duties and cultural practices as directed
- Trim, deadhead, and clean plant material
- Fill pots, attach wires to hanging baskets
- Plant cuttings, liners, and seeds
- Water plants in area of responsibility or as needed
- Un-pack, receive, and price plants and fresh product
- Unload and load plant deliveries using greenhouse bedding carts and trolleys
- Consolidate plants
- Maintain clean and tidy work areas
- Put away or return all plastic, tools cardboard carts, or other supplies at the end of each shift or when work is complete
- All other duties as assigned or needed
Knowledge and skills
This position requires relevant job experience OR desirable attributes that support the objective, requirements, and responsibilities of this position. Appreciation for plants and gardening. Basic plant knowledge is desirable, but not required.
This is a physical job that requires you to be on your feet for the duration of your shift. Must have the ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, bending, reaching, walking, pushing and pulling carts, handling and sorting of materials. Must be able to lift 10-20 lbs. repetitively. Must be able to tolerate hot and humid conditions in the greenhouse and various weather conditions outside. Must hydrate as needed.
This Job Description does not necessarily entail all of the work or responsibilities of this position and will be updated as we adjust to business trends, seek improvements, or changes. This document does not guarantee employment in any specific role for any period of time.