Media Team Coordinator
We are looking for ridiculously passionate people who share our love of plants and are obsessed with the success of their co-workers and Tonkadale's customers. Ideal candidates will show up for work fresh and focused with an enthusiastic attitude and a ridiculous passion for learning new things. This position can be a full-time for part-time position for the ideal candidate. Weekend availability required.
To coordinate and create content as a full-time employee or contractor. A successful candidate loves plants, is approachable, and is committed to keeping Tonkadale’s brand consistent across all channels, is confident in their creative talent, willing to give and receive feedback, and has a careful balance of efficiency and accuracy.
What you offer
Relevant job experience and desirable attributes that support the objective, responsibilities, and requirements of this position. A degree in graphic design, visual arts or related field. Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), workable knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro (video editing) or iMovie. Proficient graphic design skills and ability to create original design while using online design resources such as Canva. Additional desired skills include illustration with simple animation, photography, e-commerce management, Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel), HTML & CSS. Appreciation for plants and gardening. Basic plant knowledge and identification is desirable, but not required.
What we offer
- Competitive pay
- Opportunity for bi-annual performance based bonuses
- 401k retirement account with 4% company match; additional 4% discretionary match based on business performance
- 20% employee discount year 1 / 40% discount after year 1
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Work apparel and gear
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 6 paid holidays
Tasks and duties
- Maintain website including blog posts and video pages including web design using Shogun through Bigcommerce (no coding experience needed)
- Edit, format, and post blogs (including image selection) to website. Create supporting social media assets and maximize SEO.
- Film, edit, produce, and post weekly video content to YouTube
- Film edit, produce, and post reels to instagram
- Design and prepare materials for print including all signage and marketing pieces. Communicate and discuss materials, sizing, quantities with printer. Coordinate print orders and pick-up.
- Seasonal design refreshes for use in email, print, signage, web, apparel, and other marketing materials.
- Create, update, and stock Plant Care Cards both in-store and online.
- Engage in marketing strategy and content planning.
- Design marketing materials to support events calender
- Optimize photo library organization.
- Support photo shoots related to content creation and online store.
- Suppot all media Media Team projects and deliverables
Knowledge and skills
This position requires relevant job experience OR desirable attributes that support the objective, requirements, and responsibilities of this position.
This position requires a mix of sitting and standing. If supporting Customer Service or Greenhouse duties, tasks require you to be on your feet while standing and walking. Must have the ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs while moving your whole body, such as lifting, bending, reaching, walking, pushing and pulling carts and handling and sorting of materials. Must be able to lift 10-20 lbs. repetitively. Must be able to tolerate hot and humid conditions in the greenhouse and various weather conditions outside. Must hydrate as needed.
This Job Description does not necessarily entail all of the work or responsibilities of this position and will be updated as we adjust to business trends, seek improvements, or changes. This document does not guarantee employment in any specific role for any period of time.