Facilities Department Team Member
We are looking for ridiculously passionate people who share our love of plants and are obsessed with the success of their co-workers and Tonkadale's customers. Ideal candidates will show up for work fresh and focused with an enthusiastic attitude and a ridiculous passion for learning new things. This position can be a full-time for part-time position for the ideal candidate. Weekend availability required.
To assist in the maintenance, enhancement, and repair of facilities in accordance with the highest standard of functionality, safety, and aesthetics. To thrive and contribute to our passionate team in our fun and beautiful space.
What you offer
Positive attitude, strong communication skills, attention to detail and accuracy. Self-motivated. Ability to work independently and across teams. Punctuality and consistency with schedule obligations. Dress code adherence. Flexibility in scheduling; evening and weekend availability required. Overtime may be required in peak seasons - May and November.
What we offer
- Competitive pay starting at $18.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Opportunity for bi-annual performance based bonuses
- 401k retirement account with 4% company match; additional 4% discretionary match based on business performance
- 20% employee discount year 1 / 40% discount after year 1
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Work apparel and gear
- benefits listed above
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 6 paid holidays
Tasks and duties
- Perform tasks related to facilities maintenance and janitorial functions
- Light electrical and plumbing work
- Participate in vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- Ladder work
- Light landscaping and grounds maintenance
- Assist team members with tasks including loading/unloading trucks, merchandising and moving Inventory, organization and movement of product and supplies in storage areas.
- Maintain current and valid Driver’s License and DOT certification
- Bobcat operation
- Ability to drive a 10-passenger van with 26-foot trailer
Knowledge and skills
This position requires relevant job experience OR desirable attributes that support the objective, requirements, and responsibilities of this position. Appreciation for plants and gardening. Basic plant knowledge is desirable, but not required.
This is a physical job that requires you to be on your feet for the duration of your shift. Must have the ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, bending, reaching, walking, pushing and pulling carts, handling and sorting of materials. Must be able to lift 10-20 lbs. repetitively. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Must be able to tolerate hot and humid conditions in the greenhouse and various weather conditions outside. Must hydrate as needed.
This Job Description does not necessarily entail all of the work or responsibilities of this position and will be updated as we adjust to business trends, seek improvements, or changes. This document does not guarantee employment in any specific role for any period of time.