Design Production Assistant
Seasonal: 3 - 5 days per week
Objective: To work with our Visual Team to produce fresh and focused seasonal containers and fresh finished products to support our seasonal production plan and the customer experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
Design and Production
- Assist in execution of production plans.
- Assist in change-outs of key display areas.
- Produce combo planters for all seasons according to production plans.
- Assist in production and presentation of seasonal items such as wreaths and custom orders.
- Assist in receiving, pricing, and display of seasonal product.
- Maintain clean and tidy work areas.
- Put away or return all tools, supplies and refuse/recycling at the end of each shift or when work is complete.
- Make sales referrals, cross-sell products, and introduce new ones.
- Give consistent and correct answers
- Answer plant questions related to identification, care and availability
- Answer design questions related to the combination of materials, mechanics, and aesthetic.
- Assist with phones, cash register, writing orders as needed.
- Assist with Seminars, Events and Workshops
- Assist in other store duties such as cleaning projects, pricing, painting etc.
- All other duties as assigned or needed
What we offer:
- Competitive wage
- Seasonal Tonkadale attire and store discount
- Employee Discount
- Passionate, active, inclusive, and fun work environment
Position Reports to: Design and Merchandising Manager
Position Manages: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Knowledge and Skills: This position requires relevant job experience in a retail setting or in a similar or related field OR desirable attributes that support the objective and requirements and responsibilities of this position. Appreciation for plants and gardening. Basic plant knowledge is desirable, but not required.
Physical Requirements: This is a physical job that requires you to be on your feet for the duration of your shift. Must have the ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, bending, reaching, walking, pushing, and pulling carts and handling and sorting of materials. Must be able to lift 10-20 lbs. repetitively. Must be able to tolerate hot and humid conditions in the greenhouse and various weather conditions outside. Must hydrate as needed.
This Job Description does not necessarily entail all work or responsibilities of this position and will be updated as we adjust to business trends and seek improvements or changes. This document does not guarantee employment in any specific role for any period of time.