apply to work at breckendale flower farm
We grow thousands of annuals each year at Breckendale to supply our primary retail location, Tonkadale Greenhouse, located in Minnetonka, MN. We are looking for your help in a seasonal position to help us grow amazing plants!
TITLE: Facilities Manager
Objective: To manage and direct the maintenance and repair of the facilities, equipment, and grounds in accordance with the highest standard of functionality, safety, and aesthetics.
Positive attitude, strong communication skills, attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to work independently and stay on task. Punctuality and consistency with schedule obligations. This is a seasonal position with full time hours during the spring and summer. Fall and Winter would require less hours. Work-load may require up to 60 hrs/week during the months of April and May. Flexibility in scheduling and weekend availability required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work
- Develop safety policies and procedures
- Provide training on safety policies and procedures
- Keep Facilities organized and clean, keeping shop area accessible and organized
- Assist Manager with day-to-day duties as needed
- Opening/Closing Duties
- Unit Heater annual maintenance, daily checks
- Emergency generator
- Drip System yearly maintenance
- Water system – Installing/Maintaining and removing back flow valves and pump
- Grounds– mowing, weed control and algae, raking, snow removal, clean-up
- Vehicles maintenance – oil changes, repair
- Greenhouse poly repair and replacement
- Vent and fan maintenance
- Lights and ballasts
- Parking Lot Management including snow removal and gravel upkeep
- Safety training and review
- Stacking and sorting of recycled greenhouse plastics
- Un-pack/un-load plant material off trucks and semis
- Run bobcat – complete safety training and follow all safety procedures
- Unload plant deliveries using greenhouse bedding carts and trolleys
- Push and pull carts of plants
- Re-stock and consolidate plants
- Maintain clean and tidy work areas
- Put away or return all plastic, tools cardboard carts or other supplies at the end of each shift or when work is complete
- Adhere to all traffic laws
- Perform deliveries and pick-ups
- Maintain current and valid Driver’s License
- Maintain valid DOT health card
- Maintain Driver’s Daily Log
- Re-fuel vehicles
- Complete 100-mile roundtrip with cargo van and 26-foot cargo trailer
- Willingness to obtain pesticide applicator license
- Must follow all state guideline when working with chemicals
- Apply pesticides and plant growth regulators
- Be available after business hours to apply pesticides
- Assist in other store duties such as cleaning projects, pricing, painting etc.
- All other duties as assigned or needed
Position Reports to:
Knowledge and Skills
This position requires relevant job experience in a greenhouse setting or in a similar or related field OR desirable attributes that support the objective and requirements of this position. Appreciation for plants and gardening. Basic plant knowledge is desirable, but not required. Familiarity with technology and facilities repairs.
This is a physical job that requires you to be on your feet for the duration of your shift. Must have the ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, bending, reaching, walking, pushing, and pulling carts and handling and sorting of materials. Must be able to lift 10-20 lbs. repetitively. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Must be able to tolerate hot and humid conditions in the greenhouse and various weather conditions outside. Must hydrate as needed.
This Job Description does not necessarily entail all work or responsibilities of this position and will be updated as we adjust to business trends and seek improvements or changes. This document does not guarantee employment in any specific role for any period of time.