join our team
Tonkadale Greenhouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for a position at Tonkadale Greenhouse, please fill out our job application below. Upon completion of your application, you may also email any resume or cover letter to [email protected].
customer service representative
We are looking for a ridiculously passionate person to join as a part time or season customer service associate through the months of April-June. The successful candidate is energetic, approachable, and detail oriented with a strong desire to learn in a dynamic, fun environment.
If you are interested in growing with us, we require punctuality and weekend availability. Flexibility in scheduling. It is ideal that part-time staff/seasonal applicant be available to work at least 3 shifts per week including some weekend availability.
- Serve as a cashier/Customer Service Representative
- Work as a TEAM
- Handle cash, credit, check and gift card transactions
- Understand and communicate Tonkadale’s Loyalty program
- Understand and communicate Tonkadale’s Return Policy
- Scan goods and collect payments
- Issue receipts and change
- Handle return transactions
- Greet customers when entering or leaving establishments
- Maintain clean and tidy checkout areas
- Bag, box or wrap packages
- Make sales referrals, cross-sell products and introduce new ones
- Give consistent and correct answers
- Resolve customer complaints
- Answer plant questions related to identification, care and availability
- Answer retail chemical application questions
- Guide customers and provide relevant information
- Assist with Seminars, Events and Workshops
- Assist in other store duties such as cleaning projects, pricing, painting etc.
Position Reports to:
Cashier/Customer Service Team Lead
Knowledge and Skills:
This position requires relevant job experience in a retail setting or in a similar or related field OR desirable attributes that support the objective and requirements of this position. Appreciation for plants and gardening. Basic plant knowledge is desirable, but not required. Familiarity with technology.
This is a physical job that requires you to be on your feet for the duration of your shift. Must have the ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, bending, reaching, walking, pushing and pulling carts and handling and sorting of materials. Must be able to lift 10-20 lbs. repetitively. Must be able to tolerate hot and humid conditions in the greenhouse and various weather conditions outside. Must hydrate as needed.
This Job Description does not necessarily entail all work or responsibilities of this position and will be updated as we adjust to business trends and seek improvements or changes. This document does not guarantee employment in any specific role for any period of time.
®Copyright Tonkadale Greenhouse. All rights reserved.