Tonkadale Greenhouse has updated its online gift card purchasing system. Now you can buy a gift card and email the link to a loved one or friend. Or you can email the link to yourself and print out the gift card, too.
“The online gift cards make things simpler for everyone,” said Jessie Jacobson, general manager of Tonkadale Greenhouse. “The recipients don’t have to wait for us to mail out the plastic cards, or keep track of them.”
Gift cards will still be sold in four denominations: $25, $50, $75 and $100. A form is available for each denomination. The sender can also add a personal message up to 100 characters long to the certificate.
The recipient will receive an email with a message and a link to the certificate. They’ll need to print out the certificate and bring it with them when they shop at Tonkadale.
Payments will still be securely processed through PayPal. You can use a PayPal account, or pay with a credit or debit card. Tonkadale Greenhouse will track the balance left on the gift certificate if it’s not used in one visit.
To send a gift card:
1. Scroll down the gift card page to select the form with the amount on the gift card you’d like to send: $25, $50, $75 or $100.
2. Enter the recipient’s name in the top box, and their e-mail address in the second box. Note: If you want to print out the card and give it or mail it to the person, put your e-mail here.
3. Click the Add certificate recipient button if you’d like to add another name, such as a spouse’s name, to the certificate. The card will be sent to only one e-mail address.
4. Click the box next to Personalize Gift Certificate if you’d like to add a personal message to the card. The message can be up to 100 characters long.
5. Click the Continue button to review your information for the certificate. The view will change to a summary of the information you’ve entered.
To see a sample of the certificate, click on (certificate preview) in the Recipient line. A new window will open that shows you what the certificate will look like. It will also say NOT PAID in bold red letters, to indicate that this is not the final product.
6. If your preview is OK, click back to the original window and click the Purchase button. If you need to change something, click the Edit Info button.
7. When you click the Purchase button, you’ll be taken to the PayPal website. Select the first option if you want to pay with your PayPal account. To pay with a credit card or debit card, click the second option that says Pay with a debit or credit card, or PayPal Credit.
We hope you’ll enjoy using this new system for sending Tonkadale Greenhouse gift cards. Please call us if you have any questions.