Objective: To assist in the maintenance, enhancement, and repair of facilities in accordance with the highest standard of functionality, safety, and aesthetics. To thrive and contribute to our passionate team in our fun and beautiful space.
Requirements: Positive attitude, strong communication skills, attention to detail and accuracy. Self-motivated. Ability to work independently and across teams. Punctuality and consistency with schedule obligations. Dress code adherence. Flexibility in scheduling; evening and weekend availability required. Overtime required in peak seasons - May and November
- Perform tasks related to facilities maintenance.
- Perform janitorial duties.
- Light electrical and plumbing work
- Participate in vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- Maintain clean and tidy work areas and workshop.
- Ladder work
- Light landscaping and grounds maintenance
- Understand our Conditional Use Permit and always follow CUP Best Practices.
Cross Departmental Support
- Assist team members with tasks including loading/unloading trucks, merchandising and moving Inventory, organization and movement of product and supplies in storage areas.
- Give consistent and correct answers.
- Answer plant questions related to identification, care, and availability.
- Answer design questions related to plant combinations, mechanics, and aesthetics.
- Assist with phones, cash register, writing orders, and carry-out as needed or requested.
- Adhere to all traffic laws
- Perform deliveries and pick-ups
- Maintain current and valid Driver’s License
- Bobcat operation and training
- Maintain valid DOT Certification
- Ability to drive a 10-passenger van with 26-foot trailer.
- Maintain Driver’s Daily Log
- Assist with Seminars, Events and Workshops
- Assist in other store duties such as cleaning projects, pricing, painting etc.
- All other duties as assigned or needed
Benefits: This is a full time position offering Tonkadale's complete benefits
- Competitive Pay with opportunity for bi-annual incentive compensation
- Paid Medical and Dental insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k retirement account with 4% company match, and up to an additional 4%
- 20% employee discount year 1 / 40% discount after year 1
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Work apparel and gear
Position Reports to: Facilities Team Lead
Position Manages: No supervisory responsibilities
Knowledge and Skills: This position requires relevant job experience OR desirable attributes that support the objective, requirements, and responsibilities of this position. Appreciation for plants and gardening. Basic plant knowledge is desirable, but not required.
This is a physical job that requires you to be on your feet for the duration of your shift. Must have the ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, bending, reaching, walking, pushing and pulling carts and handling and sorting of materials. Must be able to lift 10-20 lbs. repetitively. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Must be able to tolerate hot and humid conditions in the greenhouse and various weather conditions outside. Must hydrate as needed.
This Job Description does not necessarily entail all work or responsibilities of this position and will be updated as we adjust to business trends and seek improvements or changes. This document does not guarantee employment in any specific role for any period of time.