Join us for our first
March 18th, 2017 | 10:00 am — 3:00 pm
Nosh and Nourish
Snacks for your tasting pleasure provided by local businesses we love: Great Harvest Minnetonka & Lakewinds Co-op!
11 am – 2 pm
The Smoking Cow Food Truck
Edibles Seminar 10:00 am – 11:00 am
Grow your own – veggies & fruits, micro-greens & sprouts. Edibles for pollinators. The zero waste & locavore food movement. A word from our food truck chef Ian Grey.
Education Sessions 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Herbal Remedies with Jodi McKee of Inspired Living Home and Body
Fermentation with Gyst Fermentation Bar of Minneapolis. Kombucha, kimchi and pickles!
Grow Hops and Brew Beer with The MN Hops Growers Association and Unmapped Brewing
Meet and Greet 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
Chat with the experts, design your veggie garden, gather recipes, and learn!
- Growing Hops and Brewing Beer
- Medicinal Herbs, Teas and Tinctures
- Fruit Shrubs for the Landscape
- Mississippi Topsoils: Tonka Terra
- Purple Cow Organics Compost
- U of M Master Gardeners: Veggie Garden Design
- Seed Starting & Microgreens
- Bonide: Pest and Disease Remedies
Storytime 11:30 am – 12:00 pm
Veggie-themed stories told by children’s librarian Kia Vang from the Wayzata Library! Move and groove as you learn to grow.
Hands-On Projects 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- Plant microgreens
- Paint veggie stamp tea towels
- Plant and herb container garden
- Coloring station: Take the veggie vow
- Photo booth — featuring props & mural boards
Learn about the community work of:
- Loaves and Fishes Farm for All
- ICA Food Shelf Community Gardens
- Tonkadale’s Grow and Give program
- How you can get involved!