Employment at Tonkadale Greenhouse
To apply for a position at Tonkadale Greenhouse, please fill out our job application below.
When finished, you may upload your resume in PDF format. No other formats will be accepted. Maximum file size is 25 MB. You may also email your resume to hello@tonkadalecom.
Full-time and Part-time opportunities!
Looking for passionate individuals to work with our team during the busy spring season. Positions start mid to late April. WE are specifically looking for Greenhouse Production Assistants, Cashier/Customer Service Representatives and Perennial Production Assistants. 20% employee discount for first year employees, 40% for second year and returning seasonal staff.
Positive attitude, strong communication skills, attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to work independently and stay on task. Punctuality and consistency with schedule obligations. Dress code adherence. Flexibility in scheduling and weekend availability required. It is ideal that part-time staff be available to work at least 3 shifts per week.
Knowledge and skills:
This positon requires relevant job experience in a greenhouse or retail setting in a similar or related field OR desirable attributes that support the objective and requirements of this position. Appreciation for plants and gardening. Basic plant knowledge is desirable, but not required.
This is a physical job that requires you to be on your feet for the duration of your shift. Must have the ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, bending, reaching, walking, pushing and pulling carts and handling and sorting of materials. Must be able to lift 10-20 lbs. repetitively. Must be able to tolerate hot and humid conditions in the greenhouse and various weather conditions outside. Must hydrate as needed.
Also looking for a full-time delivery driver! Valid drivers license and good driving history required.
Cashier/Customer Service Team Lead
Objective: Lead Customer Service Team to provide an exceptional shopping experience for our customer. To accurately process each transaction with care and efficiency.
Requirements: Positive attitude, strong communication skills, attention to detail and accuracy. Punctuality and consistency with schedule obligations. Dress code adherence. This is a full-time, permanent position. 40 hours per week required. Overtime may be required during peak season. Flexibility in scheduling; weekend commitments and evening availability required.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work.
- Opening/Closing Duties
- Manage daily duties of Cashier/Customer Service Team
- Train Cashier/Customer Service Team on procedures, store policies and POS system
- Train Cashier/Customer Service Team on retail product knowledge
- Assist in hiring and scheduling Cashier/Customer Service Team
- Trouble shoot and update POS systems as needed
- Manage presentation and cleanliness within Areas of Responsibility
- Serve as a cashier/Customer Service Representative
- POS – know how to use Point of Sale System
- Handle cash, credit, check and gift card transactions
- Understand and communicate Tonkadale’s Loyalty program
- Understand and communicate Tonkadale’s Return Policy
- Scan goods and collect payments
- Issue receipts and change
- Handle return transactions
- Resolve customer complaints
- Greet customers when entering or leaving establishments
- Maintain clean and tidy checkout areas
- Bag, box or wrap packages
- Make sales referrals, cross-sell products and introduce new ones
- Give consistent and correct answers
- Answer plant questions related to identification, care and availability
- Answer retail chemical application questions
- Guide customers and provide relevant information
Knowledge and skills:
This position requires a high school diploma and relevant job experience in a retail setting or in a similar or related field. Appreciation for plants and gardening. Basic plant knowledge is desirable, but not required. Proven working experience in a cashier or customer service position. Proven success in a supervisory or leadership role. Familiarity with technology.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Tonkadale Greenhouse Employment Application
Please fill out the form by clicking in each field, then typing in your responses. You may also use your Tab key to move from field to field. Required field are marked with a red asterisk (*).
Type your name in the Signature field at the end of the form.
Tonkadale Greenhouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.