join our team
Tonkadale Greenhouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for a position at Tonkadale Greenhouse, please fill out our job application below. When finished, you may upload your resume in PDF format. No other formats will be accepted. You may also fill out a PDF application and email your resume to [email protected].
Objective: To assist in the design driven presentation of hard goods merchandise, plant material and fresh seasonal items. To create aesthetically pleasing sales displays. To provide seasonal support during peak season in the Design Department.
Requirements: Positive attitude, strong communication skills, attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to work independently and stay on task. Punctuality and consistency with schedule obligations. Dress code adherence. Flexibility in scheduling and weekend availability required. It is ideal that part-time staff be available to work at least 3 shifts per week.
- Assist in merchandising and display of hard goods, plant material and fresh seasonal product
- Assist in general maintenance, upkeep and cleaning of all display areas and endcaps.
- Assist in storage and organization of back stock, out of season inventory and display pieces.
- Work with receiving team to get merchandise checked-in, priced and displayed in a timely manner.
Design and Production
- Assist in execution of production plans.
- Assist in change-outs of key plant display areas including the Atrium, Arbor and Endcaps.
- Produce combo planters for all seasons according to production plans
- Assist in production and presentation of staff designs including wreaths, wall baskets and table sitters.
- Ensure organization and cleanliness of Design Area and storage associated with that space.
- Maintain clean and tidy work areas
- Put away or return all plastic, tools cardboard carts or other supplies at the end of each shift or when work is complete
- Give consistent and correct answers
- Guide customers and provide relevant information
- Assist in other store duties such as cleaning projects, pricing, painting etc.
- All other duties as assigned or needed
Position Reports to: Design and Merchandising Manager
Position Manages: This position has no supervisory skills
Knowledge and Skills: This position requires relevant job experience in a retail setting or in a similar or related field OR desirable attributes that support the objective and requirements and responsibilities of this position. Appreciation for plants and gardening. Basic plant knowledge is desirable, but not required.
Physical Requirements: This is a physical job that requires you to be on your feet for the duration of your shift. Must have the ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, bending, reaching, walking, pushing and pulling carts and handling and sorting of materials. Must be able to lift 10-20 lbs. repetitively. Must be able to tolerate hot and humid conditions in the greenhouse and various weather conditions outside. Must hydrate as needed.
This Job Description does not necessarily entail all work or responsibilities of this position and will be updated as we adjust to business trends and seek improvements or changes. This document does not guarantee employment in any specific role for any period of time.
®Copyright Tonkadale Greenhouse. All rights reserved.