Work with us
Tonkadale Greenhouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for a position at Tonkadale Greenhouse, please fill out our job application below. When finished, you may upload your resume in PDF format. No other formats will be accepted. You may also fill out a PDF application and email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inventory and Office Coordinator
Objective: We are looking for a ridiculously passionate person to join our team as a full-time employee to focus on inventory procedures and general office duties. The successful candidate is energetic, approachable, and detail oriented with a strong desire to learn in a dynamic, fun environment.
- Work as a TEAM
- Be a champion of Tonkadale’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values
- Ability to lead tasks and support ongoing special projects
- Assist as needed during peak seasons in May, June, and November with overtime hours
- Plan and prioritize to accomplish work
- Ability to work independently and stay on task
- General knowledge of inventory processes and procedures
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office, POS Systems, and email
- Update and improve office procedures as needed
- Preparation of bank deposits to reconcile to daily sales
- Handle a wide range of administrative and support related tasks
- Sort and Distribute Mail
- Order office and store supplies
- POS (Point of Sale) system management:
- Manage and maintain customer records and loyalty program
- Support POS system when needed
- Work closely across departments to effectively manage inventory
- Enter and Receive purchase orders
- Oversee receiving and pricing of all hard goods material
- Print price tags
- Edit item information
- Assist in onboarding of new employees
- Complete employee orientation processes
- Process donation requests
- Give consistent and correct answers
- Guide customers and provide relevant information
- Assist with phones, cash register, writing orders
- Assist with Seminars, Events and Workshops
- Assist in other store duties such as cleaning projects, pricing, painting etc.
- All other duties as assigned or needed
Position Reports to:
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Knowledge and Skills
Requirements include relevant job experience and desirable attributes that support the objective, responsibilities and requirements of this position. Appreciation for plants and gardening. Basic plant knowledge is desirable, but not required. Computer skills including MS Office, POS Systems, and email.
This position mainly requires sitting and standing. If assisting in Cashiering/Customer Service or other Greenhouse tasks it is good to note this is a physical job that requires you to be on your feet for the duration of your shift. This is a physical job that requires you to be on your feet for the duration of your shift. Must have the ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, bending, reaching, walking, pushing and pulling carts and handling and sorting of materials. Must be able to lift 10-20 lbs. repetitively. Must be able to tolerate hot and humid conditions in the greenhouse and various weather conditions outside. Must hydrate as needed.
Benefits available to full time employees include the following:
- Group medical and dental insurance
- Retirement plan with company match
- Paid holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous employee discount on Tonkadale merchandise
- Free Tonkadale apparel
This Job Description does not necessarily entail all work or responsibilities of this position and will be updated as we adjust to business trends and seek improvements or changes. This document does not guarantee employment in any specific role for any period of time.
®Copyright Tonkadale Greenhouse. All rights reserved.