Work with us
Tonkadale Greenhouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for a position at Tonkadale Greenhouse, please fill out our job application below. When finished, you may upload your resume in PDF format. No other formats will be accepted. You may also fill out a PDF application and email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Objective: To efficiently and effectively grow and maintain excellent quality plants and to provide exceptional customer service.
Requirements: Positive attitude, strong communication skills, attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to work independently and stay on task. Punctuality and consistency with schedule obligations. Dress code adherence. Flexibility in scheduling and weekend availability required. It is ideal that part-time staff be available to work at least 3 shifts per week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in all greenhouse duties and cultural practices as directed
- Work as a TEAM
- Trim, deadhead and clean plant material
- Fill pots, attach hanging wires to hanging baskets
- Plant cuttings, liners and seeds
- Water-in plants and as requested in other areas
- Un-pack, receive and price plants and fresh product
- Unload plant deliveries using greenhouse bedding carts and trolleys
- Un-load plant material off of trucks
- Push and pull carts of plants
- Re-stock and consolidate plants
- Maintain clean and tidy work areas
- Put away or return all plastic, tools cardboard carts or other supplies at the end of each shift or when work is complete
- Make sales referrals, cross-sell products and introduce new ones
- Give consistent and correct answers
- Answer plant questions related to identification, care and availability
- Answer retail chemical application questions
- Guide customers and provide relevant information
- Assist with phones, cash register, writing orders
- Assist with Seminars, Events and Workshops
- Assist in other store duties such as cleaning projects, pricing, painting etc.
- All other duties as assigned or needed
Position Reports to: Greenhouse Team Lead
Position Manages: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Knowledge and Skills: This positon requires relevant job experience in a greenhouse or retail setting in a similar or related field OR desirable attributes that support the objective and requirements of this position. Appreciation for plants and gardening. Basic plant knowledge is desirable, but not required.
Physical Requirements: This is a physical job that requires you to be on your feet for the duration of your shift. Must have the ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, bending, reaching, walking, pushing and pulling carts and handling and sorting of materials. Must be able to lift 10-20 lbs. repetitively. Must be able to tolerate hot and humid conditions in the greenhouse and various weather conditions outside. Must hydrate as needed.
This Job Description does not necessarily entail all work or responsibilities of this position and will be updated as we adjust to business trends and seek improvements or changes. This document does not guarantee employment in any specific role for any period of time.
®Copyright Tonkadale Greenhouse. All rights reserved.