Work with us
Tonkadale Greenhouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for a position at Tonkadale Greenhouse, please fill out our job application below. When finished, you may upload your resume in PDF format. No other formats will be accepted. You may also fill out a PDF application and email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cashier / Customer Service Rep
Objective: To provide an exceptional shopping experience for Tonkadale’s customer. To accurately process each transaction with care and efficiency.
This position is available for seasonal, part-time, and/or full-time work.
Requirements: Positive attitude, strong communication skills, attention to detail and accuracy. Punctuality and consistency with schedule obligations. Dress code adherence. Flexibility in scheduling and weekend availability required. It is ideal that part-time staff be available to work at least 3 shifts per week.
- Serve as a cashier/Customer Service Representative
- Work as a TEAM
- Handle cash, credit, check and gift card transactions
- Understand and communicate Tonkadale’s Loyalty program
- Understand and communicate Tonkadale’s Return Policy
- Scan goods and collect payments
- Issue receipts and change
- Handle return transactions
- Greet customers when entering or leaving establishments
- Maintain clean and tidy checkout areas
- Bag, box or wrap packages
Please see the Cashier/Customer Service Handbook for a detailed description of duties, policies and procedures.
- Make sales referrals, cross-sell products and introduce new ones
- Give consistent and correct answers
- Resolve customer complaints
- Answer plant questions related to identification, care and availability
- Answer retail chemical application questions
- Guide customers and provide relevant information
- Assist with Seminars, Events and Workshops
- Assist in other store duties such as cleaning projects, pricing, painting etc.
- All other duties as assigned or needed
Position Reports to: Cashier/Customer Service Team Lead
Position Manages: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Knowledge and Skills: This position requires relevant job experience in a retail setting or in a similar or related field OR desirable attributes that support the objective and requirements of this position. Appreciation for plants and gardening. Basic plant knowledge is desirable, but not required. Familiarity with technology.
Physical Requirements: This is a physical job that requires you to be on your feet for the duration of your shift. Must have the ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, bending, reaching, walking, pushing and pulling carts and handling and sorting of materials. Must be able to lift 10-20 lbs. repetitively. Must be able to tolerate hot and humid conditions in the greenhouse and various weather conditions outside. Must hydrate as needed.
This Job Description does not necessarily entail all work or responsibilities of this position and will be updated as we adjust to business trends and seek improvements or changes. This document does not guarantee employment in any specific role for any period of time.
®Copyright Tonkadale Greenhouse. All rights reserved.